MAN OF STEEL SYNOPSIS
A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.
MAN OF STEEL TRIVIA
- a school photo of Jonathan and Clark Kent shows that Clark went to Weisinger Primary School. This refers to DC Comics writer/editor Mort Weisinger, who created the Kryptonian solar empathy (yellow sun strength and red sun weakness).
- when Clark is being bullied, it's in the vicinity of "Sullivan Truck and Tractor Repair." Chloe Sullivan was Clark's sidekick, an original character created for Smallville (2001).
- the Smallville barbershop is named "Otto's Barber Styling". Otto refers to DC Comics writer Otto Binder, who created Supergirl, Krypto, Brainiac, the Phantom Zone and Jimmy Olsen's signal watch.
- during the Smallville fight, the residents take shelter in the post office, known as Ezra's Mail Depot. According to Smallville (2001), the hometown was founded by Ezra Small.
- when Zod uses his heat vision for the first time, there is a small sign that says "Keep Calm and Call Batman" on the wall behind Superman.
- when Zod hurls the tanker truck, there is a smiley face behind Superman. A smiley face was the motif for the "Watchmen" comic, which Zack Snyder had previously adapted as Watchmen (2009).
- when Superman and Zod charge each other at the skyscraper, a sign for "Blaze Comics" can be spotted. This was a fictional publishing company that the DC Comics hero Booster Gold hired to tell his tales.
- as Superman flies after Zod, a sign for "S.T.A.R. Labs" is spotted. Scientific and Technoligical Advanced Research Laboratories is a research facility that debuted in a 1971 Superman comic.
- continuing the flight, there is a sign for "Utopia Casinos" and "WGBS News". These are properties owned by unscrupulous businessmen (Tony Gallo and Morgan Edge, respectively) whom Superman faced off against.
- Earlier in the film during one of the scenes at the Kent house, a double tanker truck passing by in the background bears the "Lexcorp" brand name. Also, a building in Metropolis and a tanker truck later bear the name as well. This is the company run by Superman's arch rival, Lex Luthor.